The ESPCN Health and Safety Committee has developed a Clinic Safety Toolkit for our member clinics as a resource for community physicians and teams. This toolkit provides your clinic with the tools to help prepare for, prevent, and respond to violent incidents. Workplace harassment and violence are potential hazards that may be encountered at work, and are more common in health care than in other industries.
Scroll down for templates to start working on your own Clinical Health and Safety Policies and for resources and links to help you and your clinic to promote a safe environment for your staff, your patients and yourselves.
Health and Safety Templates
Download templates to get you started with your Health and Safety policies.
Here are links to a number of resources to help you and your clinic to promote a safe environment for your staff, your patients and yourselves.
- AHS Preventing and Responding to Patient-to-Worker Harassment and Violence Course
- AHS Respectful Workplaces and Prevention of Harassment and Violence Policy Course
- AHS Trauma Informed Care – Information for Health Professionals
- CPI Prevention First Online Course
- CTRI On-Demand: De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations
- PROactive: Identifying and Managing Violence in the Workplace Self-Paced Course
- AHS Behavioural Safety Review (BSR)
- AHS Caring Conflict Resolution
- AHS How Team Members Can Support Each Other During Escalations
- AHS Patient-And-Family-Centered Language for Addressing Behavioral Concerns
- AHS Preventing and Responding to Patient-to-Worker Harassment and Violence Tabletop Exercise
- AHS Safe Care Together
- AHS Safe Care Together Behavioural Safety Review
- AHS Self-care and communication strategies for COVID-19 screening stations
- Alberta Health Emergency Response Planning Templates
- Alberta Health Harassment and Violence Sample Policies
- AMA Physician and Family Support Program
- CMPA The office safety plan
- CMPA When Physicians Feel Bullied or Threatened
- CPSA Surveillance camera usage in community clinics: is it appropriate?
- CPSA Managing threatening and violent patient behaviour
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Doctors of BC: Violence Prevention Guide for Community Clinics. Doctors of B.C.
- EPS Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Training.
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada Guidelines for Overt Video Surveillance in the Private Sector
- OIPC Guidelines for Overt Video Surveillance in the Private Sector