Healthy school lunches: Waldorf skewers
October 21, 2015 | Nutritional video recipes
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice plus 2 tsp lemon juice for apples
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 unpeeled Granny Smith apples, cored
- 4 cups of 1-inch cubed raisin focaccia bread (or regular raisin bread)
- Celery stalks, cut diagonally into bite-sized slices
- 16 seedless red grapes
- 8 wooden skewers
Mix yogurt, honey and 1 tablespoon lemon juice together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink inside. Transfer to a plate and let cool. Cut each breast into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
Cut each apple into 12 wedges and toss in 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Thread reserved chicken and bread onto skewers, alternating apple, celery and grapes. Serve with reserved yogurt mixture for dipping.
Nutrients Per Serving
1 kebob with dip: 237 calories, 6.3 g fat, 58.0 mg calcium, 152 mg sodium, 24.1 g carbs, 1.8 g fibre, 21.9 g protein; excellent source of niacin and vitamin B6; good source of folate and vitamin B12.
Source: Canadian Family