Healthy school lunches: Pita chips and avocado cucumber dip
October 21, 2015 | Nutritional video recipes
- 1 Package of whole wheat pitas
- 2 Tbsps of Olive oil
- Salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover large baking sheet with parchment paper. Rip up pita or cut up into small triangular pieces. Drizzle 2 Tbsps of olive oil onto pita and try to coat the majority of pieces. Sprinkle salt on top (optional).
Bake in oven for a total of 15 minutes and turn pita chips halfway through baking time.
Source: Primary care dietitian Lalitha Taylor
Avocado cucumber dip
Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Place cucumber, avocado, onion, green bell pepper, mint, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender. Process until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Source: Allrecipes Canada