June 12, 2013: For immediate release
Edmonton, AB – An Edmonton and area website project, which helps the public find Primary Care Network (PCN) family doctors accepting new patients, has won second place in a national public relations competition.
The nine Edmonton area PCNs, who developed the Find a PCN Family Doctor website and mobile site, won the recognition through the Health Care Public Relations Association’s Hygeia Award in the website category. The winners were announced today in Halifax at the 2013 National Conference.
“We’re very happy to be recognized nationally. Within its first year, the website had over 36,000 visitors,” says Colleen Enns, Executive Director of Edmonton Oliver Primary Care Network.
The Find a PCN Family Doctor website provides the public with an up-to-date and comprehensive list of all PCN member physicians in the Edmonton area who are accepting new patients. As of June 11, 2013, there are 152 Edmonton area PCN family physicians accepting new patients.
The user friendly website, www.edmontonareadocs.ca, is updated quarterly. PCN doctors can be searched by the Edmonton and area map, gender, location and language.
The nine Edmonton area Primary Care Networks, representing the following communities, behind this project are:
- Alberta Heartland Primary Care Network: Fort Saskatchewan, Lamont, Redwater and Gibbons
- Edmonton Oliver Primary Care Network: central Edmonton
- Edmonton Southside Primary Care Network: south Edmonton
- Edmonton West Primary Care Network: west and southwest Edmonton
- Edmonton North Primary Care Network: north Edmonton
- WestView Primary Care Network: Spruce Grove and Stony Plain
- Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network: Leduc, Beaumont, Devon, Calmar and Leduc County
- Sherwood Park – Strathcona County Primary Care Network: Sherwood Park and Strathcona County
- St. Albert & Sturgeon Primary Care Network: St. Albert, Morinville and Sturgeon County