June 27, 2012: For immediate release
Edmonton, AB – In response to the growing need to connect patients to a family physician, nine Edmonton area Primary Care Networks have teamed up to develop the Find a PCN Family Doctor website and the mobile website. This website provides the public with an up-to-date and comprehensive list of all PCN member physicians in the Edmonton area who are accepting new patients. As of June 27, 2012, there are 119 Edmonton area PCN family physicians accepting new patients.
The user friendly website, www.edmontonareadocs.ca, will be updated quarterly. PCN doctors can be searched by the Edmonton and area map, gender, location and language.
“PCNs have multidisciplinary teams who work collaboratively with family physicians to provide patient care within their own networks. This project has brought all nine Edmonton area PCNs together to work collaboratively to provide the public with an easy to use tool that will help them locate a family physician,” explained Doug Craig, General Manager of Edmonton Southside Primary Care Network.
The Find a PCN Family Doctor website will be launched on June 27 at 10 a.m. at the Edmonton Oliver Primary Care Network in the Mira Health Centre, #114, 11910 – 111 Avenue. All media are invited for interviews and photo opportunities.
The nine Edmonton area Primary Care Networks behind this project are:
- Alberta Heartland Primary Care Network
- Edmonton Oliver Primary Care Network
- Edmonton Southside Primary Care Network
- Edmonton West Primary Care Network
- Edmonton North Primary Care Network
- Westview Primary Care Network
- Leduc Beaumont Devon Primary Care Network
- Sherwood Park – Strathcona County Primary Care Network
- St. Albert & Sturgeon Primary Care Network